Last Updated: December 29, 2022
AAC Acoustic Technologies (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd ( “AAC", “we", “us" or“our"understands how important your personal information is to you, so we respect and protect all personal information you provide in using the AAC Website (www.aactechnologies.com, hereinafter this “Website"), and will make every effort to ensure the security of your personal information.
I. How We Collect and Use Your Personal Information
- Personal information refers to various types of information recorded electronically or otherwise which relates to an identified or identifiable natural person, excluding any anonymized information. In principle, we will only collect and use your personal information for the following purposes as described in this Policy. We will separately inform you and obtain your consent if we intend to collect and use your personal information for any purposes other than the following.
- We collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- According to applicable laws and regulations, we may collect and use some necessary personal information without your authorization/consent if such personal information is:
|Device and network information. When you browse and use this Website, we collect and use your (i) device and network-related information, such as device type, device name or model, device identifier, operating system type and version, browser type and version, screen resolution, language setting, IP address and network service provider; and (ii) log information, such as each access time, page path accessed, IP address and error event information.||We use such information to present the content of this Website to you, to maintain the normal operation of this Website, and to safeguard the network security of this Website.|
|Transparent procurement information. Transparent procurement information is provided to us by you as a potential or existing supplier of AAC, such as the name, phone number and email address of your designated contact, individual name and other personal information in the related party declaration form, individual name and other personal information in the supplier questionnaire, individual name and other personal information in the supplier integrity commitment form.||AAC and our affiliates use such information to get a basic understanding of potential and existing suppliers, to assess the possibility of cooperation or continued cooperation, and to make contact with potential and existing suppliers.|
|Investor interaction information. When you interact with us, we collect and use (i) personal information provided by you in the Investor Relations information field, including name, email address, and message content; and (ii) personal information provided by you in communicating with us via fax or email provided in the Investor Relations section.||AAC and our affiliates use such information to contact you and respond to your inquiries.|
- (1) necessary for execution and performance of a contract to which you are a party;
- (2) related to the fulfillment of our obligations under laws and regulations;
- (3) directly related to national security and national defense security;
- (4) directly related to public safety, public health and major public interests;
- (5) directly related to criminal investigations, prosecution, trials and enforcement actions;
- (6) necessary for responding to public health emergencies or for protecting the life, health or property safety of natural persons under emergency circumstances;
- (7) your personal information required to be processed to the extent that is reasonably necessary for conducting news reporting, public opinion-based supervision or other activities in the public interest;
- (8) personal information that has been made publicly available by you and is required to be processed to a reasonable extent in accordance with the law;
- (9) necessary for maintaining the safe and stable operation of the provided products and/or services, such as finding and fixing faults in the products and/or services; or
- (10) falling under any other circumstances stipulated by laws and regulations.
II. How We Entrust to Process, Share, Transfer and Disclose Your Personal Information
- Currently, we have not entrusted any third party to process your personal information. If we need to entrust any third party to process your personal information as we expand the functions of this Website, we will bind such third party, require it to process the personal information in accordance with our requirements, this Policy and other relevant confidentiality and security measures, and supervise its processing of the personal information.
- You agree that we may share and disclose your personal information between AAC and our affiliates. Such disclosure will be made only for legal, legitimate and necessary purposes and only involve data necessary for providing services or conducting business cooperation. We will not share your personal information with other companies, organizations or individuals or provide them with the same, except:
- (1) we may transfer your personal information to other parties after obtaining your explicit consent; or
- (2) in the event of a merger, division, dissolution or declaration of bankruptcy involving transfer of personal information, we will inform you and request that the company or organization receiving your personal information continue to be bound by this Policy, or we will require such company or organization to seek your authorization/ consent again.
- (1) with your explicit consent: we may provide your personal information to others with your prior explicit consent;
- (2) under statutory circumstances: we may provide your personal information to others based on laws and regulations, dispute resolution needs, or statutory requirements of administrative or judicial authorities (including but not limited to AAC's regulatory authorities or other authorities, or organizations or individuals designated by these authorities). Except for the above-mentioned circumstances, we will not disclose your personal information to others. If we need to provide your personal information to others as we expand the functions of this Website, we will comply with applicable laws to inform you of the name and contact information of the processor, purposes and methods of processing and types of personal information to be processed, and obtain your prior consent.
- (1) We may disclose your personal information after obtaining your authorization/consent;
- (2) When we are required to provide your personal information by laws, regulations, judicial or legal proceedings, or mandatory administrative law enforcement requirements of governmental authorities, we may disclose your personal information within the scope and in the manner so required;
- (3) When we receive a request for the disclosure of your personal information based on laws, regulations, judicial or legal proceedings, or mandatory administrative law enforcement requirements of governmental authorities, we will request reasonable documentation from the relevant requesting authorities to ensure that there is a legitimate basis for the request and that the relevant law enforcement authorities have a legitimate right and a reasonable purpose to obtain your personal information.
III. How We Store and Protect Your Personal Information
- Your personal information is processed in our servers located within the People’s Republic of China.
- We will reasonably retain your personal information for business and legal purposes for the shortest periods of time required by laws. That is, we will determine different retention periods for different data based on specific scenarios and business. The criteria we use to determine retention periods include: how long it is necessary to retain your personal information to achieve the purposes of such business; whether you agree to a longer retention period; and whether there are special requirements for data retention specified by laws, contracts, etc. We will retain your personal information to the extent necessary for providing you with our services or for conducting business cooperation with you, unless you request us via the contact information indicated in this Policy to delete such personal information.
- To safeguard the security of your personal information, we will make efforts to implement reasonable physical, electronic and managerial security measures to protect your personal information against any leakage, destruction or loss. These measures include but are not limited to SSL, encrypted data storage and data center access controls.
- The Internet will never be 100% secure, but we will do our best to ensure or guarantee the security of the information you send us. If unfortunately, a personal information security incident occurs, we will, in accordance with the requirements of laws and regulations, promptly inform you of the basic situation and the possible impact of the security incident, the response measures we have taken or will take, the suggestions on how you can prevent and mitigate risks on your own, the remedial measures for you, etc. We will promptly inform you of the relevant situation of the incident by email, telephone, push notification, etc. Where it is not feasible to inform personal information subjects one by one, we will issue an announcement in a reasonable and effective way.
IV. Your Rights
- You have the right to access and copy your personal information. Where permitted by laws and technical conditions, at your request, we will promptly transfer your personal information to the party you designated for processing personal information.
- You have the right to request us to correct your personal information that is inaccurate or complete your personal information that is incomplete by adding more details. Once we have verified your identity and personal information, we will promptly make such corrections or additions accordingly.
- You acknowledge and agree that we will proactively delete your personal information, and you have the right to request us to delete your personal information under any of the following circumstances:
- (1) The purpose of data processing has been achieved or cannot be achieved, or it is no longer necessary to achieve the purpose;
- (2) We cease to provide products or services, or the retention period expires;
- (3) You withdraw your consent;
- (4) We process the personal information in violation of laws, administrative regulations or relevant agreements; or
- (5) Any other circumstances stipulated by laws and administrative regulations. If the retention period stipulated by laws and administrative regulations does not expire, or if the deletion of personal information is technically difficult to achieve, we will stop processing the personal information other than storing it and taking necessary security protection measures.
- (1) it is related to the fulfillment of our obligations under laws and regulations;
- (2) it is directly related to national security and national defense security;
- (3) it is directly related to public safety, public health and major public interests;
- (4) it is directly related to criminal investigations, prosecution, trials and enforcement actions;
- (5) we have sufficient evidence to prove that you have subjective malice or abuse your rights;
- (6) it is difficult to obtain the consent of the personal information subjects although it is necessary for protecting the personal information subjects' or other individuals' life, property and other significant legitimate rights and interests;
- responding to your request will result in serious damage to the legitimate rights and interests of you or other individuals or organizations; or
- any trade secrets are involved.
V. How We Process Personal Information of Minors
- The services provided on this Website are intended for adult users only. Minors may not use this Website for any purpose unless their parents or other guardians have given their consent.
- If you are a minor, please do not use this Website. If you are a minor user and have provided your personal information to AAC, please immediately cease your use of this Website and its services, and promptly notify us in an attempt to delete your personal information as soon as possible.
VI. How We Use Automated Data Collection Techniques
- You acknowledge and agree that this Website contains third-party services and links used by AAC (for example, you can submit your resume through the online system of AAC's human resources service providers on this Website), and that after you use third-party services, this Policy will no longer apply to these third parties’ collection, use, processing, disclosure and sharing of your personal information. AAC makes no warranty or recommendation as to the quality or safety of services provided by these third parties and cannot guarantee that these third parties will take reasonable safety protection measures.
- You will be solely responsible for your use of third-party services, and you agree that you may not hold AAC liable for any loss or damage sustained by you as a result of the collection, use, disclosure and transmission of your personal information by any third parties.
- You acknowledge and accept that, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable laws, AAC will take reasonable security measures to protect your personal information against disclosure, alteration or destruction as much as possible based on the principles of "as is", "as available" and "with all faults and defects without warranty of any kind" under the existing technical levels and conditions. AAC transmits data by means of wireless transmission. Therefore, AAC cannot ensure the privacy and security of data transmitted via wireless networks.
VIII. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
- This Policy shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the People's Republic of China.
- If a dispute arises out of or in connection with this Policy, including any question regarding its existence, validity and termination, the parties hereto should first endeavor to settle the dispute through negotiations. If the dispute is not resolved within thirty (30) days after the commencement of such settlement process, the parties may submit the dispute to the people's court(s) having jurisdiction in Shenzhen, Guangdong Province where AAC is located.
IX. How to Update this Policy
- This Policy may be updated online by AAC at any time without prior notice. The updated Policy will become effective upon being posted on this Website and will supersede the original Policy. The revised Policy will immediately apply to the personal information you provide to us. If you do not accept the revised terms, please stop using this Website immediately. Otherwise, your continued use of this Website will be deemed as your acceptance of the revised Policy.
- For significant changes, we will also provide a more prominent notice (including illustrating the specific changes in this Policy by publishing a summary of revisions or otherwise).
X. Other Terms
- Definitions of specific terms used in this Policy are subject to those in the rules published by AAC from time to time.
- Any translation of this Policy, if any, is provided solely for user convenience and does not intend to make any changes to the Chinese version of this Policy. If there is any conflict between the Chinese version and a non-Chinese version of this Policy, the Chinese version will prevail.
- You should fully understand and abide by all laws, regulations and rules in your jurisdiction regarding the use of services.
- In using this Website, if you encounter any problems related to personal information, you can contact us in the following way: Email Address: email@example.com
- You can review this Policy on this Website. AAC encourages you to review this Policy each time you visit this Website. Matters uncovered herein are subject to the announcements and related rules of AAC, as updated from time to time.
- This Policy takes effect from September 30, 2022.